From Ukraine With Unrequited Love: Cradle Trailer

|
Cradle is a Ukranian indie effort, a puzzle-exploration-adventure game that makes me inexplicably sad. It's the trailer that does it. I don't know why - the weather is nice, the pastures of Mongolia are breathtakingly beautiful, there's flowers and shit... And yet, it makes me feel like I'm missing something that I never actually had. There's a rather fancy Portuguese word for that, which I don't use in fear of sounding unbelievably smug.


Here goes the official scoop:

Cradle is a science-fiction first-person quest with freedom of movement. The story is built around the relations of the protagonist and a mechanical girl, who by enigmatic circumstances find themselves together in a yurt among the desert Mongolian hills. The player is to restore the lost functions of his companion's mechanical body parts and together reveal the mystery of the neglected entertainment park found not far from the yurt.


It should be out in springtime. When suicide rates are at their peak already. Not a good time to sadden people, I'll tell you that.


2 comments:

Alex said...

This looks interesting. Though I think I have a soft-spot for games that invoke melancholy.

Ketchua said...

The devs have just released the song from the trailer on their blog. http://flying-cafe.blogspot.com/2012/02/cradle-system-requirements-and.html

Post a Comment